CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Literacy Workstation "I Can" Task Cards

So I guess it's been awhile since I last checked in, but of course life got busy!  We just started workstations last week after 2 weeks of learning the procedures and activities.  For the most part my kiddos did good.  Ocassionally they forgot what they were supposed to do so I wanted to get my "I can" list down on paper.  So I sat down yesterday and began to make them with picture clues for my lower readers.  After I was almost done I had a late "aha!" moment.  I was thinking about how long it was taking for me to find the right pic/clipart to match and how I would have to do this again in a few weeks after adding different activities....not very appealing.  So I decided to make task cards instead that way I can add/remove cards as needed AND (here's the big one...) be able to reuse year after year.  I know I am not the first one to think of this....I just forgot that this was a choice I could make.  I did look online for premade task cards but couldn't find anything that matched what I wanted...well that and I didn't want to pay over $5.  So here they are!  

                                                   
"I Can" task cards

Mind you...they are a work in progress.  These are what I am using right now but will add tasks as we go along.  I have 3 tasks for Buddy Reading, Library, Overhead, ABC/Word, Phonics, Listening, Big Book and Pocket Chart.  I am selling it for $2.50 right now and will add to it through the year and send out update notices as I go for those who purchase.  By the end of the year I should have 8+ tasks for each station.  I will be adding poetry, writing, and fluency in the next month as well.  So, check them out at my store.  If you have suggestions of tasks to add and/or a station, please comment and let me know!

0 comments:

Post a Comment