CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Who knew?

I can't believe I have begun a blog!  I never thought I would....I love reading everyone else's.....who knows if this will even work out?!  So I decided to call my blog A Teacher's Passions and Obsessions because I have a lot of both!  To start with, I am very passionate about my family and children, as well as teaching.  Within my life I have become passionate about the little things as well (more on that later).  As a teacher you become obsessed with certain things and well my biggest obsession like a lot of teachers is fonts!  I love using a variety of fonts and of course have my favorites.  Along with fonts, I am a little obsessed with clipart.  Ok, maybe a lot.  My collection is slowly growing....
I have also become obsessed with Teachers Pay Teachers.  For years my colleagues have told me that I should make a book of some of the things I have made.  I love creating things that organizes my teaching and makes my life easier.  So a few months ago I started posting a few things. My favorite thing that I created is my collection of small group reading plans.  It has made planning easier for me because my choices of things to do for each level is right there in one spot.  I also love having the checklist there for observing my students and helping me decide when to move them on to the next level.  I used to look at several different resources to make great reading plans, but not anymore!  Check them out at my TpT store Carrie's Creations. 

Lesson Plan template front

Student checklist on back

Now that I have started this blog, I hope to keep up with it.  I start school next Friday for a teacher meeting/work day and I still have a lot of things to do to get ready.  I hope to get a little done tomorrow and then maybe I can share what I have been working on for this year!  I have lots of new ideas to implement thanks to the blogging world!

0 comments:

Post a Comment